[reportlab-users] 2.2 release updates

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 10 10:00:50 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

First of all, I am wondering if anyone has tried out the setup script
from subversion and/or had any issues?
--

Regrettably the package rearrangement had a substantial impact on our
own packaging scripts for our commercial distro-builders and for the

In particular
(a) Henning's paragraphs and hyphenation will have to wait, and we
might look at ways to make this an optional plug-in
(b) the optional egg-style setup script Dirk contributed still
doesn't build the C extensions.
(c) there will be a terse changelist out of subversion, but not much
high-level documentation.

We are however trying to replace the last remaining "politically
incorrect font" today.

Once 2.2 is out, we'll be putting up a new wiki to help gather docs
and snippets; and no doubt we will learn some things about setup
scripts. We can then produce a followup release reasonably quickly
whenever we need to.

Thanks for you understanding

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect, ReportLab