[reportlab-users] fixing bugs in 2.2 / Hyphenation support

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Sep 8 04:08:26 EDT 2008

2008/9/5 <henning.vonbargen at arcor.de>:

> Regarding the licence:

> Since I wrote all of the wordaxe code alone,

> I think I am allowed to release it using another licence.

> The modified BSD licence used by ReportLab seems ok for me,

> so feel free to include it with ReportLab.

Thanks very much!

> However, I took the dictionaries used for the pyhnj hyphenation

> from OpenOffice - they are licenced under the GNU LGPL license.

> I don't know if this is problematic...

That's fine by me (with ReportLab's simplified world view). LGPL
allows people to do what they want with it (we just need to make sure we
have the right notices in the readmes and license files). Matthias,
I presume it's OK with you?

GPL is the only problematic one; it's deliberately "viral" so the only
way we could include GPL code would be by switching to it.

> Maybe Matthias Klose can shed some light on these licence details?

BTW we replaced the version of Homer's Odyssey with a public domain
one. We still need to replace a couple of demo fonts.

- Andy