[reportlab-users] ANN: pdfgrid 0.1.0

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Oct 21 11:04:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've quickly hacked together a tool duplicating one function
of PageCatcher, namely overlaying grids on existing PDF pages.
It's named pdfgrid and clearly has some more room for addi-
tional features, which I'm going to address in future re-
leases.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdfgrid

Here's part of the README:

Pdfgrid is a Python command-line tool and module for
adding a regular grid on top of all pages of an existing
PDF document. It will mostly be used for measuring indi-
vidual parts of PDF pages like graphics or paragraph
widths. For the time being, only a rectangular grid with
major and minor lines is supported, and their colour and
line widths can be set individually.

NOTE: This is an initial release. The API is likely to
change and for the time being the grid size is limited
to A4, but this will change in future releases.

The source distribution contains some somple files and
grided versions of them.

Regards,

Dinu