[reportlab-users] _rl_accel [was Paragraph "Hack"]

Paul Barrass paul.barrass at safeonlinebilling.com
Tue Oct 21 07:03:40 EDT 2008

Andy Robinson wrote:

> 2008/10/21 Paul Barrass <paul.barrass at safeonlinebilling.com>:

>> It appears that _rl_accel is no longer available as a "stand alone" download

>> - the daily snapshot seems to be missing some setup files (setup.py being

>> notable in it's absence). Is this the case, or have I missed something?

> We did a repository rearrangement recently at the request of what we

> perceived was the majority of the community. It's possible we broke

> or changed the daily snapshots and we'll take a look.

> _rl_accel and _renderPM are in subversion and in the 2.2 tar.gz files

> under src/rl_addons. The idea is to have them in the main reportlab

> distros, and thus prebuilt in any Windows installers, or built by

> "setup.py install" for those with a compiler.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've noticed that the addons form part
of the package (which is why I upgraded to 2.2 and found the Paragraph
problem....), which I think is a good move, especially if it means the
distro's will start to include it in their package management.

If maintaining separate setup files for the "stand alone" addons isn't
practical now that it's officially part of the package, then making the
last revision pre-rearrangement available could be arranged to help out
people still using older versions?

Thanks,
Paul Barrass.