[reportlab-users] manual proposal

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Oct 20 11:05:40 EDT 2008

hey

FLOSS Manuals is a community of documentation writers, as well as a
place to go to write manuals. Its designed for documentation writing and
the promotion of the documentation. FM outputs to multiple formats,
including an embed api for hosting manuals on your own site, pdf for
book formatted pdf (controlled by css) for print on demand, PDF for
download, and downloadable html in zip or tar. We also have deb
packaging coming up so manuals can be installed using apt (this material
will be in the default Ubuntu repositories). we can probably export to a
format of your choice with a bit of dev for the svn sync

however the manuals would be hosted on the flossmanuals site as that is
the toolset and the focus of the community.

if you want the manuals on your own server then it would be best to go
with the mediawiki option.

adam

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals