[reportlab-users] newbie question about PDF-generation from template

Werner Thie wthie at thiengineering.ch
Tue Jun 17 06:06:56 EDT 2008

Hi Andreas

Andreas Rudolph wrote:
...snip

> thanks for your advice. Do I need an installation of Zope to use this

> library or can it be used standalone?

No, the z3c extensions run fine w/o a full zope. What's usually needed
is the ZopeInterface package, which does a lot in helping to write
cleaner code anyway. See http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface

> I never used RML, but it looks pretty nice after a first quick look.

> One other question in this context: Can I manipulate existing

> AcroForm-textfields with this library / RML?

Never used textfields, but the whole setup is really flexible and if
it's not supported out of the box, it could probably be done by
yourself. If you're only interested in manipulating existing PDFs then a
sneakpeek at the code in the RML package would go a long way IMHO.

Regards, Werner