[reportlab-users] easy_install reportlab

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Nov 30 09:16:49 EST 2007

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Carl Karsten:

>> Any reason why this shouldn't happen?

> Lazyness? ;-) Well, I wonder if this procedure does install the "real"

> source files? Last time I cared about easy_install it seemed to me

> like it was installing some binary blob (not just a zip file), in

> which it was hard to change something. But changing code in a zip

> file can be also a pain.

Sounds like a +0 ?

It does install an .egg.

I see easy_install as a tool for end users that have 0.0 need to even look at
the source. Anytime I become interested in source, I normally track down the
source control source (csv, svn...).

speaking of lazy, I totally endorse that position. part of my motivation is so
that reportlab gets installed automatically when it is a dependency of something
else being easy_installed.

Carl K