[reportlab-users] Bug in Paragraph class with tags when switching frames

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sat Nov 17 08:06:58 EST 2007

Robin Becker:

> OK so it's a link; none of the keys seem to be empty. It's

> Destination object is the one that's causing the problem. It seems

> we have an unnamed destination which hasn't been set up by one of

> the definitional methods of the Destination class. I think all

> these things have to do with outline trees etc etc. So this is a

> Destination which has been referred to, but then never defined.

> Presumably if its name is really an empty string then defining it

> will be fairly hard. This looks like an empty destination name

> somewhere in a canvas._bookmarkReference call.

Sounds good, but I think it's not the cause of my traceback. In my
document
generator I can change a single line containing a string format that
makes
URLs in the text clickable from:

to:
'<font color="blue">%(content)s</font>'

and the traceback disappears! So, it strongly looks to me like the
effect
of combining multiple tags is producing the error.

Dinu