[reportlab-users] Platypus & unicode

Wietse Jacobs W.Jacobs at intersentia.be
Wed Nov 14 08:41:47 EST 2007

On 14/11/2007, Andy Robinson wrote:

> On 14/11/2007, Andrew Smart <smart at smart-knowhow.de> wrote:

> > Simple question: do I have to use utf-8 "coded" strings as input for

> > Platypus?

> Either utf-8 encoded strings or unicode objects (u"Hello World"). Both

> should work. I'd suggest unicode objects.

I was struggling with the same issue and changed my code to use unicode
strings. But I think I stumbled onto a bug:

In the file pdfgen/pdfimages.py on line 130 it reads:

if type(image) == StringType:

which causes my code to fail because I was sending in a pathname as a
unicode object.

(BTW: is this the proper place to report a bug?)

Wietse Jacobs