[reportlab-users] Advice on Formatting Report

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 9 13:47:23 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Preppy is a templating system ...

Andy,

I saw that Preppy is primarily for HTML output, which does us no good. My
reference was to 'reppy' which is/was another sourceforge project similar to
PythonReports.

> If you're using Platypus, you want to loop over your results and generate

> sequences of paragraphs (or tables containing paragraphs in the cells, if

> you want to line things up neatly), and add them to the story.

This looks like the most parsimonious approach. Sequences of tables
containing paragraphs? Looks like what we need.

> PythonReports was only developed recently by one person; the developer

> asked me to look at it, but you may well only be the second person to try

> it out.

Could be.

The platypus approach looks to be the most well documented, and I can play
with it to see the results of various attempts at formatting data. I'm sure
that I'll be back on the list with questions. :-)

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)