[reportlab-users] Unable to print generated pdf

Andrew Kornilov frutik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 05:46:17 EDT 2007

Hello all! I need to print label withc barcode. I wrote code for this:

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys

from reportlab.lib.units import inch
from reportlab.graphics.barcode.code39 import Standard39
from reportlab.pdfgen.canvas import Canvas
from reportlab.lib.styles import getSampleStyleSheet
from reportlab.platypus import Paragraph, Frame

def run():
styles = getSampleStyleSheet()
styleN = styles['Normal']

story = []

string = 'TE.15K035A.SW0001'

barcode = Standard39(string)
barcode.barHeight = 0.7 * inch
barcode.lquiet = 0 # left padding

story.append(barcode)

story.append(Paragraph(string, styleN))

out = sys.stdout
out = 'out.pdf'

c = Canvas(out, pagesize=(162,108))

f = Frame(0, 0, 2.25*inch, 1.5*inch, showBoundary=0)
f.addFromList(story, c)

c.showPage()
c.save()

if __name__=='__main__':
run()

After runnig this code I have pdf. When I see it in pdf viewer - I can see
proper label with barcode and text. But when I send it to printer - prints
blank page. Any suggestions