[reportlab-users] Two bugs with Table with Paragraph as cell content

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Jun 9 16:28:31 EDT 2007

Yuan HOng wrote:

> I have found two bugs working with paragraph objects as Table cell

> contents.

thanks for the bug reports and the patch; it's so complicated in that
code that I'll need a while to figure out what we're actually trying to
do. I think the patch is OK and if so it will go in soon.

> First, If I span a region in the table, and the cell to the right of

> the starting cell in the span contains a paragraph, the processing

> fails with an error message:

> The second bug is that when specifying spans using -1 to indicate the

> last line, the span is repeated on every page where the table breaks.

> And sometimes the table header is repeated on the same page. The

> following test file will illustrate this bug:

Clearly the intention of such a span is to occur just once, somehow
we're treating it as if it's symbolic.
--
Robin Becker