[reportlab-users] Using Unicode fonts

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Oct 3 19:43:17 EDT 2006

I'm trying to see real Unicode characters like \u22d0, but cannot
find any hint in the User Guide of how to do that. I downloaded
a free Unicode TrueType font named "Titus Cyberbit" from this URL:

   http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/unicode/tituut.asp

but still fail to get any "exotic" characters like using "\u22d0"
or "<unichar code="0x22d0"/>" in Platypus paragraphs, even after re-
gistering the TTF with reportlab.pdfbase.pdfmetrics.registerFont()
But Acrobat Reader says the font has been added to the PDF...

Thanks for some kind of enlightment,

Dinu