[reportlab-users] mixing flowables and exact placement in a platypus doc

will at phototropia.org will at phototropia.org
Sun Mar 5 19:53:07 EST 2006

Friends:
     If I have a platypus doc with flowables(paragraphs,tables etc), and I
want to mix in pages with exact placement drawings,text etc where no
flowables with the wrap property, I see two ways to do it:
1)Define a page template with all of my exact placement
stuff(text,drawings) without frames, and change to that page template when
I want to use it, and then change back to a page template with frames for
flowables.
2)Think of a frame as kind of bounding box.  Use drawings and text as
flowables as recommended in the userguide, but calculate the size,
position and padding of the frame so that the flowed drawing/object ends
up exactly on the page where you would have placed it by just stating x,y
coordinates.

I am leaning towards 1, but am I missing something here?

thanks,
Will