[reportlab-users] reducing filesize of created pdf

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jan 11 00:45:49 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:17:44PM -0800, Britt Hibbert wrote:

> I apologize if this has been answered previously in the list, but
> I could not locate any information on it in the docs or on the list.
> Is there any way to reduce the filesize of the pdf that is created
> by reportlab, perhaps by rendering at a reduced quality?

You could use the beginForm/endForm/doForm methods when you have
some repetitive things to do.

Also if some images appear several times, use drawImage instead
of drawInlineImage.

These are two ways to save possibly very very huge disk space without
reducing the quality.

If you don't have repetitive things on your document, then I don't know

hth

Jerome Alet