[reportlab-users] Visual Editor.

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 23 15:03:23 EST 2005

Fernando Lujan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually my company, works with the reportlab and we design dynamic PDF
> files to serve to our customers.
>
> But, we lost a long time designing the PDF, drawing rect, circles and
> etc. We do it all by hand.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a visual tool like Jasper Report's, for
> instance, which we could use to design the document.

No there isn't, at the moment.  And we're probably in the same position:
we spent much of our time designing dynamic PDFs for customers, when
we should be building the framework ;-)

I would be very happy to start collaborating on this if there were a few
other companies and teams who really needed it and would share the
work.

We have internal tools which might help which are not open source
and I'll discuss this by private email.

Who on this list needs a design tool badly enough to (a) pay for it
(if price was modest - because we can get a long way with some
commercial components) or (b) help contribute to it?

Thanks,

Andy Robinson