[reportlab-users] multipage table

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sun Jun 5 05:13:53 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:
.

> And here is the big fat error i gt when i attemp to make a table longer
> then the page:
> File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
> line 150, in __init__
>    raise ValueError, "%s data error - %d columns in data but %d in grid"
> % (self.identity(),ncols, len(colWidths))
>  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
> line 192, in identity
>    cv = self._cellvalues
> AttributeError: Table instance has no attribute '_cellvalues'

The error is occurring before the _cellvalues are set up ie in the
__init__. We fixed some reporting issues related to this recently. The
true error was being hidden by errors attempting to identify the error.

> Here is my actual tables:
....... well they would be if there were no strange numeric things and
the data= keyword were present.

I tried your two tables with latest reportlab and it works fine even
crossing the page. I had to substitute string values for the numerics of
course. The script & pdf that results are attached.

--
Robin Becker