[reportlab-users] TrueType fonts and text justification -- solved

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 2 07:34:10 EDT 2005

Albertas Agejevas wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:12:07AM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
>
>>Marius Gedminas wrote:
>>....Thanks Marius, seems like a good solution. However, I cannot get the
>>patch to apply to standard test_pdfbase_encodings, but it might apply to
>>the so called version2 branch.
>>
>>Since we've left the CVS repository behind the CVS version 1.8 isn't much
>>use.
>

> Ooops.  I used a SourceForge CVS checkout for producing this patch.
> Is it possible to make it clear that CVS is not used any more, maybe
> take it offline altogether?
>
> Albertas
.... I've tried to put a large warning on the sf home page at

http://reportlab.sf.net

For your information the subversion repository is now maintained at

development
http://www.reportlab.co.uk/svn/public/reportlab/trunk

stable
http://www.reportlab.co.uk/svn/public/reportlab/branches/python21-stable

I think the patch solution strategy is correct, but we get an error for the low
ord chars for some reason. Can we work things so the first 32 are ignored at
first and then filled in on demand? I guess that would mean hacking the code
somewhat so we increment modulo 0xFF and generate a new subset when n&0xFF==32

--
Robin Becker