[reportlab-users] Page Breaks with Paragraphs(tables?)

Tim Johnson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:48:24 -0800

* jpywtora@calpoly.edu <jpywtora@calpoly.edu> [041028 12:29]:

> Ok here is the allowSplitting example.
>         doc = SimpleDocTemplate(
>             filepath,
>             allowSplitting = False,
>             pagesize = LETTER,
>             topMargin = 0.5 * inch,
>             leftMargin = 0.75 * inch,
>             rightMargin = 0.75 * inch,
>             bottomMargin = 0.5 * inch,
>         )
>
> Now for the table example.
> detail_table_data = (
>             # R1
>             # (C1, C2)
>             (Paragraph(_escape(text), BLOCK_TITLE), ''),
>             # R2
>             #(Paragraph(_escape(text), BLOCK_TITLE), ''),
>         )
>
> detail_table = Table(
>             detail_table_data,
>             DETAIL_TABLE_COLUMN_SIZES,
>             DETAIL_TABLE_ROW_SIZES,
>             DETAIL_TABLE_STYLE,
>         )
>
> >From my usage of reportlab tables need at least two columns and n number rows.
> So that is the purpose of the empty column above.  Hope this helps.

 Johnny, I really appreciate this. I found some good examples
 (on my machine) at
 /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py.
 There other example code files there, but it is very helpful to have your
 code as a different approach.
 Thanks a lot.
 tim

--