[reportlab-users] setup.py problems with 1.20

Andy Robinson (pair) reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon Nov 15 09:32:37 EST 2004

Yes, please everybody DON'T use it.  As I said last
week it's not released, but we had a web page update script
which wasn't smart enough to known about our new release
process ;-)  Next time we'll do it better and ensure a way
of naming 'release candidates' to distinguish them.

Either the attempt to compile rl_accel should be removed
or we should make the source for all extensions available
inside the installer.  We'll discuss this morning.

Robin, is there any reason not to make LongTables the
default?  IMHO we should turn on this behaviour, test
a selection of apps, and just turn it on unless
something breaks.

Since 1.20 is not official, if anyone else spots any
glaring howlers we will try to deal with them...

Thanks,

Andy