[reportlab-users] Table and document widths

Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:32:14 +0000

In article <20040106153942.GA15556@gbdirect.co.uk>, Will Newton
<will@gbdirect.co.uk> writes
>On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:26:30PM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
>
>> OK I see what's the problem. The doc width isn't really true. Inside
>> each doc are multiple page templates and each template contains frames.
>> What you really want to do is to use frame.width/2, but in the simpledoc
>> class the frames are actually not created until build time.
>
>What's the best way to work round this? Ideally i'd like to be able to
>pass something like a percentage column width to Table and led it do the
>work for me.

well you can assume that the doc width is 12 points too large if you
want to do percentages. Unfortunately we don't yet allow setting the
widths as percentages so you'd have to do this yourself.
--
Robin Becker