[reportlab-users] Playpus "Total pages" before PDF gets generated.

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Dec 1 05:10:03 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:05:41PM +0200, bo at bitute.b4net.lt wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:54:11AM +0100, Jerome Alet wrote:
> > You can't have it before, but by using form objects, you can "leave
> > the field blank", and fill it on every page once your document is
> > finished,by defining the form only at the end, and using it on
> > every page before
>
> Hmm... Is there any workable code as an example to see it in real action?

it's a matter of calling canv.doForm() repeatedly on each page

and once your document is finished, just use canv.beginForm() and
canv.endForm() and draw the page number between these calls, as you
would do without them.

this is from memory, so I may not have the method names right,
anyway there are only three of them to remember :-)

bye

Jerome Alet