[reportlab-users] Development practices

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:17:55 +0300

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 10:50:47PM +0100, Andy Robinson wrote:
> 1. Move from CVS on SourceForge to a Subversion archive on our
> own machine.  Benefits:

A big plus.  I've used Subversion for a project for about 6 months now,
and I'm very happy with it.

BTW the Zope subversion conversion hit a snag due to line ending style
on Windows.  Apparently cvs2svn does not add the required svn:eol-style
properties for text files, and they have Unix line endings even when
checked out on Windows systems.  Also, it is unclear if newly added text
files on Windows will be properly converted to Unix line endings in the
repository.  The Zope project postponed migration to SVN for a while,
until these issues get resolved.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm--