[reportlab-users] Re: FutureWarnings in ttfonts.py with Python 2.3

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:33:03 +0100

> I've uploaded a revised version of ttfonts.py to the SourceForge Patches
> area and tested it under Python 2.2 and 2.3. (A simple test it to generate
> the ReportLab userguide.)

Marc, thanks very much indeed for this!  We'll get this in on Monday
at the latest.

> Also, I don't think you'd get these warnings if you have the _rl_accel dll
> installed, as the bit-shifting part will be executed in the dll.

That's right, so it tends to bite new users, or ourselves when juggling
installations around.  Raising a warning over this was pretty dumb IMHO...

- Andy