[reportlab-users] setup.py version info

Dirk Datzert reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:01:53 +0200

Hi all,

I want to made a suggestion about setup.py version info:

In the setup.py in CVS the version is always 1.17. Since Reportlab is
released as version 1.18 this should be changed. I also want to suggest
that with each change in the CVS a patch-level 1.18.x or 1.18-x would be
nice to change in the setup. This would make RPM updates easier.

def run():
    LIBS = []
    setup(
            name="Reportlab",
            version="1.17",
            licence="BSD license (see license.txt for details),
Copyright (c) 2000-2003, ReportLab Inc.",
            description="The Reportlab Toolkit",
            long_description="""The ReportLab Toolkit.
An Open Source Python library for generating PDFs and graphics.
""",

Regards,
Dirk