[reportlab-users] RE: Python 2.3.2 compatibility

Oliver Bleutgen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:42:05 +0200

Henning von Bargen wrote:

> I also tried download the win32-dlls via the link on www.reportlab.org,
> but the retrieved archive file was empty,
> so I downloaded from ftp.reportlab.com,
> but I didn't install them because I just don't know where to install.

You can put them into reportlab\lib, I don't know if this is the
intended location, but I can say that they get used if put there.
AFAIK, reportlab still works without them, just a lot slower for certain
  operation (that's why I know exactly that they'll get used if put into
reportlab\lib ;))

> I also tried running setup.py as Rasjid Wilcox suggested.
> I called it without arguments, but it seems it needs some arguments
> and I didn't know which ones.

"python setup.py install" should do it.

HTH,
oliver