[reportlab-users] Document Security

Tim Roberts reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:40:53 -0800

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:06:58 -0800, Ben Mitchell <ben@mitchellfamily.com>
wrote:

>If I don't want people to be able to extract / copy / past the text I put into
>the PDFs I'm generating, is there a good way to do that?

No.

>I know I've seen PDFs in the past that worked this way - just not sure
>what the process would be for creating one.

Your goal is silly.  As long as I have a PDF, I can print your document
and scan it with an OCR reader.  I can use the PrintScreen key to take a
snapshot to a bitmap and use an OCR reader.  The visually-impaired will
curse you for breaking their screen readers.

Preventing cut-and-paste gives you a false sense of security.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.