[reportlab-users] Re: Subtle bug in pyRXP

Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:17:07 +0000

....I spoke too soon about the work needed to make pyRXP threadsafe.

We seem to have a global Stderr which is used to collect error
information. Logically each parser instance should have its own 'Stderr'
so we can see errors properly. I suspect that's too big a set of changes
to make without some more thought.

Even if I manage that I still haven't thought about the GIL stuff that
we would need to make things thread safe for Python. At the very least I
need to do Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS Py_END_ALLOW_THREADS around the main
work and take care of the callbacks. Presumably the threadstate would
need to be stored in each parser.
--
Robin Becker