[reportlab-users] proper way to make pdfs in zope

Christopher N. Deckard reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:06:35 -0500

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:58:51 +0200, Jerome Alet spoke forth:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:52:51PM -0500, Christopher N. Deckard
> wrote:
> >
> > Since I can't exactly import anything useful from reportlab into
> > a Python Script in Zope, I change rlzope to exec() a string of
> > code
>
> Python Scripts are restricted. rlzope is an External Method, which
> runs unrestricted as far as Zope goes.

Right, I understand that.

> > With the Zope security restrictions on importing things, I don't
> > see a better way to make use of the other RL stuff without doing
> > it like this.
>
> I just don't understand why you need to do this.
>
> I produce documents with images, tables, True Type fonts, etc...
> from a Zope external method similar to rlzope every days.

Well, based on rlzope, and another example that I found,
rlzopecatalog, they aren't flexible enough to do what I want.  And
the only way I figured out how to make it flexible was to eval some
string of code.

I don't want to create a whole bunch of external methods.  It's not
flexible enough for me.

Thanks,
-Chris