[reportlab-users] Continuing slides in PythonPoint?

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:44:51 +0200

--Apple-Mail-4--136952512

I wrote:

> Hi, has anybody tried tweaking PythonPoint such that in case of
> content exeeding the "main" frame on the current slide it would
> automatically wrap it onto a newly appended slide, possibly with
> some pattern to use for some title flag, like "%s (cont'ed)"?

I'm warming this up again, since it would be an incredibly useful
feature for people like me who've started creating their slides'
content automatically from external sources.

Probably one needs to detect somewhere a frame overflow, catch it,
insert a clone of the previous slide and continue the story in the
same frame but on the cloned slide. The most interesting bits would
be what to do with the slide headline, but maybe it's easiest to
just skip this at the beginning...

Any volunteer, who needs some practice for his Platypus muscles? ;-)

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American

--Apple-Mail-4--136952512

I wrote:

<excerpt>Hi, has anybody tried tweaking PythonPoint such that in case
of

content exeeding the "main" frame on the current slide it would

automatically wrap it onto a newly appended slide, possibly with

some pattern to use for some title flag, like "%s (cont'ed)"?

</excerpt>