[reportlab-users] carriage return in paragraph?

Dirk Holtwick reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:55:46 +0200

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Dirk Holtwick:
>
>> The <br> tag could be interesting, because then you have the same
>> space between lines that are wrapped within a paragraph and the
>> text following the <br> tag. Otherwise you often have trouble with
>> styles that specify more space between paragraphs.
>
> An untested creative idea: try inserting a spacer
> with negative height instead! ;-)

you're right, that's very innovative ;-) but maybe the new para.py
module could implement something similar to <br>. shouldn't be too
difficult. if I find the time I'll make a proof of concept.

bye, dirk