[reportlab-users] re: [ reportlab-Bugs-718145 ] Big incompatibility problem with Ghostscript using images

Nigel Heron reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:44:24 -0400

i'm having the same problem sending generated PDF files through Harlequin RIP (and
Transverter RIP)

after a week of debugging (only error i get is "invalid PS code", which didn't help
much!!),
i think it's the fact that the filter names are abbreviated

look at pdfdoc.py and change this line in "loadImageFromPIL()":
self._filters = 'A85','Fl'  # Ascii85decode, FlateDecode
self._filters = 'ASCII85Decode','FlateDecode'

haven't heard back from the print shop yet, but i think that was the problem.

(among other things i had to do to get it to work, was not to use standard fonts,
because they're not embedded, and nuke "preamble" in canvas.py)

-nigel.