[reportlab-users] PythonPoint - New features

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:46:21 +0300 (EEST)

>> I've also made some minor bugfixes. The resulting patch is at:
>> http://www.cs.itu.edu.tr/~uyar/reportlab_1.14-pythonpoint.patch
>>
>> The patch also includes a sample file (htu.xml) that demonstrates the
>> new features. The PDF produced from that file can be viewed at:
>> http://www.cs.itu.edu.tr/~uyar/htu.pdf
>
> Turgut,
>
> Thanks for submitting this patch. The new features look like they'd be
> pretty useful.
>
> I tried patching the current pythonpoint, but you appear to have done
> the diff from an old version.

Right, I've noticed the newer version after I've sent the patch. Now I
have created a patch against ReportLab 1.15 and put it at:
http://www.cs.itu.edu.tr/~uyar/reportlab_1.15-pythonpoint.patch

> I tried fixing it up manually but ran into problems (specifically that
> the patched pythonpoint wouldn't handle your htu.xml file).
>

> Could you either
> a) send us a patch off the current pythontpoint, or
> b) figure out what is happening from the traceback I get when trying to
> use your patched pythoinpoint.

I tried the new patch and it works. I'm using python2 on a Linux machine
but I think there shouldn't be any difference for Windows. Just make sure
that all 4 verdana font files are placed under reportlab/fonts (verdana,
verdanai, verdanab and verdanaz).

I have a student who is working on creating a GUI for producing the
pythonpoint source file. She worked with mod_python until now but I think
we'll move to TkInter or PyQt or code it as a Zope product. Don't hold
your breath, though, it should take quite a while :-)

-- Turgut