[reportlab-users] Preppy and friends (like empy)

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:20:56 +0100

In article <B92B1036-E72A-11D6-8765-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Hi,
...... interestingly the more I use preppy the more I hate it. I'm
fairly sure it could be really improved by propagating information
through to the output eg source line numbers etc are completely lost.
Another major problem is that of having the same name of .prep file with
different directories.

>A few days ago I've seen "empy" being announced on c.l.p.a. and
>I was determined to reproduce the same experience again. But in
>vain! This is a really interesting, feature-rich and very nicely
>documented template processor! And, the author wrote it to heal
>his own pains accumulated from using m4 excessively:
>
>  http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/empy/
>
>Definitly worth a look!
I'm not sure I like the @ notation, but it's no worse than m4 or gpm etc
etc. Can you say more why you like it? I do notice it allows for
exceptions which preppy doesn't. EG although we have

        {{while expr}}
        {{endwhile}}

we don't seem to have
        {{try}}