[reportlab-users] Insert a chart in a pdf...

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:43:56 +0100

> Is there a way to insert the drawing directly on the frame
> flowable instead
> of creating a file and then inserting this file in the frame !?

Yes, but it's so obvious we kind of forgot to document
it the manual ;-)

Make a drawing and then use renderPDF.draw(...)
It will go straight to the PDF without making any bitmaps,
and with pure vectors you can zoom into.  The signature is:

    renderPDF.draw(drawing, canvas, x, y,
              showBoundary=rl_config.showBoundary)

- Andy Robinson

p.s. to my colleagues:  we better WTFM :-)