[reportlab-users] HSV color space conversion functions

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:50:44 +0100

> I seem to be on Robin's side here! I get 3750 hits when looking
> for "hue saturation value 360" in Google. This should be self-
> explaining. I'm not sure, though, how to search for pages *not*
> containing "360". -360 doesn't seem to work.

Postscript tends to normalize everything in a space from 0 to 1.
They even do this with 8-bit RGB values.  I see that as an Adobe
internal detail and not as how those models are commonly
described or understood.

How many versions back does colorsys go back?  If it is NOT
back to 1.5.2 then we still need our own definitions in
reportlab.lib.colors; and anyway I would be happier if
we centralized all of our color models in one place.

Thanks,

Andy