[meteorite-list] Ad: Nov. 2023 Sales List

Michael Farmer mike at meteoriteguy.com
Thu Nov 23 18:34:31 EST 2023

Main mass of portales was over 30 kilos. Robert Woolard found it. September. After the bulletin was published

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, November 23, 2023, 4:01 PM, AL Mitterling via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

         Mitterling Meteorite Offerings November 24th, 2023
(574) 453-7285 Best Calling Times 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
                       Email: Mittmet51atgmail.com
This is my latest list of meteorites for sale. I am offering a number
of items that are very difficult to find. I will be offering other items
in December. List is good for 2 weeks from the date of Listing.
I take Visa/Mastercard, Money Orders and Checks. Checks have
to clear the bank before shipment. Feel free to call me about any
specimens on this list. Also please feel free to make reasonable
offers on any of the specimens, except those marked firm.  I have
accepted a number of fair offers on my lists. You can see images
of items at:https://www.flickr.com/photos/183781924@N06/albums/72177720312794577

Sincerely --AL Mitterling Mitterling Meteorites.
(Selling Meteorites since 1988!) 35 years in the business!

                    Specimens Listing

Calcalong Creek, Australia (Class: Lunar) .003 gm
During the shipment of Millibillie, Australia, Robert Haag
noticed one stone as being unique from the group. This
stone was later verified as a Lunar Meteorite.
Price: $995.00

NWA 773. (Class: Lunar Meteorite, Lunar Gabbro)
Found: 2000
Three stones totaling 633 grams were found by nomads.
Consisting of two distinct lithologies, cumulate rock
and regolith breccia; shock stage, S2; weathering grade, W1.

Price .006 gram               $ 100.00

LA, California. (Class: Martian) From 452gm stone
Comes with the certificate of authenticity
A rockhound while hunting in the Mojave Desert came across two unique looking rocks. Stored for two decades in his collection were later taken out and examined. Taken to UCLA these were found to be martian shergottite.

Wight 3.4 grams          $2,500.00
Peekskill, New York   (Class: H6 - Car Smasher)
After a fireball and loud noises that were witnessed over several states, a stone fell on Michelle Knapp's car, parked at her house on 207 Wells Street, Peekskill. A stone of 12.37 Kg and about 200 g in fragments were recovered from the fall.

Wieght 1.45 grams  Price: $480.00      (extra from my collection - No Crust)

Taza (NWA859) Plessitic Octahedrite Iron Meteorite
Found: 2001
Weight: 8.0 grams     Price: $120.00  (Ryker Mounted, Whole)

Portales Valley (Class: H6) Fell: 1998
Fell: 1998 June 13th
After detonations were heard and smokey trail seen in the sky, a shower of meteorites landed near Portales, New Mexico. A total of 53 objects have been recovered, with a total mass of 71.4 kg. The largest pieces weighed 16.5 kg, 17.0 kg, and at least nine others over 1 kg. A 530 g fragment went through the roof of a barn and embedded itself in a wall, indicating a trajectory west to east.

Partslice :  12.3 gm      Price: $295.00 (Ryker)

Moapa, Valley (Class: CM1)
Clark County, Nevada, United States
Found: September 2004
The specimen was found by a meteorite hunter in September, 2004, in the Moapa Valley, southeast of Logandale, Nevada.
A single dark gray, flattened stone (698.8 g), exhibiting subparallel contraction cracks and partially coated with black, vesicular fusion crust. Rare Hard To Get Class!

Weight: .226   Price: $395.00   (Macro Membrane Mount)

Axtell, TX,  (Class: CV3)
A single stone of 6.2 kg was found while ploughing. The classification & thin section analysis showed olivines and low-Ca pyroxenes average Fay and Fs1, respectively, texture and oxygen isotope ratios are much like those ofAllende, Mexico, However Axtell shows pervasive weathering of the matrix minerals, making it unique.

Weight: 26.2 gm             Price: $995.00

Mifflin, Wisconsin (Class: L5) Fell: April 14th, 2010
A bright fireball was seen by numerous observers in parts of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois during the night on April 14, 2010.  and fell around 10:00 PM.  Large explosions were heard at the same time. The first stone recovered (7.4 g) hit the metal roof of a shed and was found the following day; it was identified as a meteorite at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Numerous stones fell as a shower mainly in the area of Mifflin Township within a total distance of 12.5 miles. 70 stones or more were recovered along with fragments in the area within a few weeks after the fall.

Weight: .1 gram.  Price $80.00 (In Ryker Display)

Gao - Guenie,    (Class: H4)   Fell: March 5th, 1960
A shower of stones fell in the Upper Volta. Urkina Fasoa.   Two unique showers were said to have fallen a month apart but research has found the two to be chemically the same.

Weight 96.9 grams   Price $75.00 (Whole Stone)

Admire, Kansas    (Class: Pallasite)
Found; 1881
Many specimens have been found over the years by various hunters searching the area. This is a 1/4 endpiece with a good structure of olivine and iron matrix.

Weight: 130.8 gm        Price: $225.00

Seymchan, Russia       (Class: Pallasite)
Found: June of 1967
Found by a geologist along a brook-bed flowing into the river of Hekandu. Other meteorite hunters have searched the area where more specimens have been recovered. Nice combination of paridot and iron matrix.

Weight: 146.8 grams. Price $1,250.00

Milton, Mo. Class: Rare Pallasite
Found: 2000
A single mass of 2040 g was found in a bean field. Initial identification was made by C. Rohs and J. Reese at Northwest Missouri State University. Classification & mineralogy (R. Jones, UNM; J. Wasson, UCLA): (From: Metbul)

Material I have leftover from cutting my specimen. Vial/Ryker
Cost: $400.00

                                  Tagish Lake, Canada
                                Fell: January 18th, 2000
                                        Class: C2 ung

A brilliant fireball followed by loud detonations was widely observed over the Yukon Territory and northern British Columbia.  The fireball was also detected by satellites in Earth orbit.   First recovered several dozen meteorites totaling ~ 1 kg on the ice of Taku Arm, Tagish Lake, on January 25 and 26.  200 additional specimens were recovered later.
Many specimens were too time consuming to recover due to the thaw of the ice. Vial in ryker display.
Price: $300.00

D’Orbigny (Class: Angrite) Found: July 1979
D'Orbigny Buenos Aires Prov. Part SliceShows an interesting green/gray matrix of this rare angrite. A 16.55 kg stone, mostly covered with dark gray fusion crust, was found in a corn field after a farmer hit it with a plow. Shows unique formation characteristics.
Meteorite-list mailing list
Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com