[meteorite-list] Meteorite fall New Jersey 08 May 2023

Fries, Marc D. (JSC-XI211) marc.d.fries at nasa.gov
Tue May 9 12:04:04 EDT 2023

Howdy all

              There was a meteorite fall yesterday afternoon in New Jersey, with one meteorite falling through a house.  Radar indicates this was a larger fall than just a single stone, although overall mass is fairly low.  I am working on the data now, but am updating the NASA Meteorite Falls page as I go:

https://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/meteorite-falls/

              Keep an eye on this page throughout the day as I add a strewn field and other data.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Marc Fries