[meteorite-list] NASA sending ship to asteroid worth 70, 000 times more than the global economy

Alfredo Petrov alfredo at mindat.org
Tue Jan 31 16:21:53 EST 2023

This news report rather distorts the meaning of the word "worth". It's not
"worth" quadrillions of $$$. It's not "worth" anything at all, because the
costs of cutting it up and lowering it down through Earth's gravity well
(safely, without destroying all civilization) far exceeds the value of the
metal.