[meteorite-list] Small, earth-impacting asteroid/meteoroid videos now showing up online

Rob Matson mojave_meteorites at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 12:15:23 EST 2023

Flight direction was azimuth 102, entry angle about 41 degrees from vertical, slow entry velocity (~14 km/sec). There are certainly meteorites on the ground as this was a 1-1.5 meter, non-cometary body. The altitude was 42 km when it crossed the Normandy coastline, and the terminal burst had not yet occurred. I’ve already done dark flight modeling of this fall using radiosonde data from Herstmonceaux (balloon launched three hours before the fall from about 60 miles to the north in the southern UK).   --Rob

Sent from Mail for Windows