[meteorite-list] 4th Reminder: 4th International Workshop on Electron Probe Micro-analysis

Ioannis Baziotis ibaziotis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:02:18 EST 2022

Hello everyone,

We would kindly ask your attention to a 4-days Workshop that will be
offered VIRTUALLY in the period 27-30 March 2023. Based on our experience,
we are pretty sure that this workshop will provide VALUABLE new knowledge
for the undergraduate students, postgraduates,  PhD, postdocs, senior
scientists, and lab managers. Every participant will have the chance to
learn the basic theory of electron probe microanalysis, the statistics
behind microanalysis, but also more advanced theory on k-ratios and
standards. Also, will taught about X-ray maps and their usage in
metamorphics, trace element analysis for investigating various processes
(e.g., mantle processes and sulfide crystallization). Furthermore, the
usage of WDS analysis using SEM instrument. Finally, two LIVE
demonstrations using JEOL and CAMECA instruments of how someone is
measuring on EPMA will be given as well.
ALL the previous will be given for a nominal fee of *30 euros *that will
cover the basic expenses for the hosting platform etc. All the participants
will have access on the recorded material up to 2 weeks after the end of
the workshop.
In a next message you will have the chance to "meet" our speakers
(summarized below).
For more details follow the link:
https://sites.google.com/view/epmaathens2023

Register here: https://forms.gle/hzWD5BDdJnWc7xzC6
*Early Registration deadline*: *31st December 2022*

*Speakers *(given in alphabetical order of the last name): Ioannis Baziotis
(Agricultural University of Athens), James Day (University of San Diego,
SCRIPPS), John Donovan (University of Oregon), Stamatios Flemetakis
(University of Muenster),  Ariadni Georgatou (GNS Science), Anette von der
Handt (University of British Columbia), Ery Hughes (Te Pū Ao | GNS
Science), Rosie Jones (WDS Product Manager at Oxford Instruments
NanoAnalysis), Pierre Lanari (University of Bern), Stuart Keans (University
of Bristol), and Lee M. Saper (University of Edinburgh).

On behalf of the EPMA workshop committee,

Best Regards.

Baziotis Ioannis
Ioannis Baziotis ibaziotis at aua.gr
Assistant Professor of Mineralogy and Petrology
Laboratory of Mineralogy and Geology
Agricultural University of Athens
75 Iera Odos St., Athens, 11855 Greece
(+30)-210-529-4155; (+30)-6975967914