[meteorite-list] Noblesville IN possible meteorite landing December

Steinar Midtskogen steinar at latinitas.org
Fri Jan 28 04:30:00 EST 2022

Correct.  Generally, the strongest indication that something fell really
far away is people reporting that it fell at most a few miles away.

If something actually falls within a few miles, this is what you would
experience: The meteor climbs pretty much exactly vertically after been
first seen before it breaks up or fades high in the sky.  The terrain
will be illuminated before it fades.  After 0.5 to 1.5 minutes there
would likely be a loud sound followed by rumble.  The rumble could start
as a strange sound with rapidly falling pitch.  Further away there will
be just regular rumble.

-Steinar

Chris Peterson via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>