[meteorite-list] New impact structure?

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 14:31:55 EST 2022

Hello everyone -

Well, the new year find me above ground - And the Neocam is on its way,
Just as a reminder, last year I announced the production of gamma rays in large hyper velocity impacts.That and $2 will get me a cup of coffee.

As some of you will also recall, I was the first modern scholar to write about the comet impact that killed off the mammoth and mastodon.I also spent a lot of time defending Hibbens' work.

My colleague Fletcher Wilson wrote me about a possible new impact structure to the west of Yellowknife, Alberta.They are tracing the Carolina Bays back to it.Just as a reminder again, there should be 2 impact structures in Canada, one the well known Holocene Start Impact Structure,and another from the impact before that one. This earlier impact is indicated by Meltwater Pulse 1A, and associated gamma rays and 14C production.I suppose that perhaps there may be comet debris around these structures, although most of it would have been carried away,But that should still mean impactites exist - even though the impacts were on the ice sheet - good hunting, everyone.

The key here is going to be tracing back the meltwater pulses. It would probably help if the geological society inicluded sessions on impatcs
this year at their meetings.
It is strange that so little work has been done this year on mega-tsunami deposits on the Atlantic coast.It is much warmer there than in Alberta.(See my paper on academia for notes on the.archaeology of this one.)

I wish I could get to Tucson this year, but that does not look too likely right now,Perhaps some publisher will pay for a second edition of "Man and Impact in the Americas".I am currently living in Vicksburg, Mississippi, the ancient home of the Yazoo people.

good hunting in the upcoming year -
E.P.