[meteorite-list] Update on 24 Aug 2022 Colorado event

Fries, Marc D. (JSC-XI211) marc.d.fries at nasa.gov
Wed Aug 31 11:28:36 EDT 2022

I have posted a NASA page for the recent Colorado event:

https://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/meteorite-falls/events/coalmont-co

This is a POSSIBLE meteorite fall.  It only produced one radar signature but I am including it because the signature is fairly strong and features short-range turbulence.  Having only one signature reduces confidence that this is a fall, but the appearance of turbulence makes it more interesting.  Also, the Denver mineral show is coming up and some folks have contacted me stating that they'd be interested in investigating this event as part of a trip to that show.  So, here it is - good luck!  I hope it is a fall.

Cheers,
Marc