[meteorite-list] another chance

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 15:23:24 EDT 2021

Hi all -

To begin this short note, I want to thank the dealers who sold me the two little bits of Mars last year.
A very very limited sampling indicates they make a great addition to my metoorite show for young people.
Big eyes, and "Oh Wow!"'s and so on. Unfortunately, my lady friend of some 15 years passed on last year, and the expenses of her passing mean that I am financially wiped our and will not be able to make any more purchases, as I am nor rich and famous yet.

So what can you do to make me rich and famous? Let us review. When I first wrote about the Holocene Start Impact Event in "Man and Impact in the Americas", I received a lot of "stuff" for using Hibbens work, and I spent a lot of time on this list defending him and his work. We now know with certainty that I was exactly correct:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-16958-2.pdf

But did I myself get any recognition from those who had impugned Hibbens? Did those who wrote on this list ever admit on this list that they had been mistaken? The short answer is NO.

Then Firestone Snr came along with his mistakes, and I sorted them out here on the list. Again, has anyone here said "Ed, you were right"? Did anyone here help me to become rich and famous? Well, we all know the answer to that question.

But good news! You now have yet another chance to correct your previous mistakes and to help me to become rich and famous.

While the less gifted prattle on in their ignorance about the "Younger Dryas Impact", it turns out that there were two major impacts at the start of the Holocene:

https://youtu.be/TbM4vHcRyz0

In the future, let us call them by their proper name, the Holocene Start Impact Events, and let us all fully acknowledge the discoverer of both of them, Ed "E.P." Grondine. And please do send the documentary television producers my way, as I deserve to become rich and famous, even though I am not particularly photogenic or eloquent.

Furthermore, please do mention the production of gamma radiation in large hyper velocity impacts, along with a mention of the discoverer of this phenomenon, Ed "E.P." Grondine. And please do mention that Ed "E.P." Grondine is in the running for the Nobel Prize for spotting this.

Well, that's it. Life does not give us many second chances, but you all have yet another chance to make me rich and famous.

I hops to see you in Tucson next year, with money in my pocket from becoming rich and famous.
See you there.

good hunting, everyone,
Ed