[meteorite-list] Request for astronomers

Sean T. Murray stm at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 5 23:18:58 EDT 2021

Folks,

Any astronomers here know of a group or individuals that can setup 3 or 4
telescopes for an event in Arizona on October 27th?

Please feel free to forward the following to any potential participants:

------------------------

Within our small industry, we are blessed to have some extremely passionate
people who take the science and the adventure, and teach children and adults
in our communities to look outside the world around them and learn about
space. We want them to look at the sky and think about what could be out
there.

Unfortunately, our industry suffered a major loss this past year with the
passing of Dave Gheesling. Dave was extremely passionate about outreach and
spent a great deal of his free time volunteering with different groups to
bring his meteorites and share about the worlds beyond ours.

You can learn a bit about him here:
http://www.fallingrocks.com/About.htm
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/.../dave-gheesling-9901426

On Wednesday evening, October 27, 2021, we will be hosting Dave’s
Celebration of Life at the JW Marriott, Desert Ridge resort. Our hope was to
have someone set up a telescope or two for guests to look out at space and
enjoy the same celestial bodies that Dave did. We hope that even in his
death he can inspire other people to love the world beyond us.