[meteorite-list] Meteorite picture

dean bessey themeteoriteshop at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 09:48:52 EST 2021

Several months ago I sent this to the met list asking what people thought it was. I had a couple dozen guesses so I thought that I would let everybody know what it is. I had some strange guesses but most people (including myself) thought that it was an enstatite - especially given the strong magnetism.I finally got it classified and much to my surprise (And disappointment) it is a (Very metal rich) H chondrite.It is now officially NWA14240If somebody is interested in buying some I just listed 18 specimens of it in ebay. Just do a ebay search on NWA14240 or search one of my ebay user id's AMUNREAustralia has the worlds highest postage costs and if you only buy one lot postage is a bit high so look over my hundreds of other ebay NWA lots and if you buy multiple lots postage is not such a huge amountCheersDeanAMUNRE and KANGAROOOPALS on ebay

See two photos. Anybody have any guesses as to what it is or recognise it as paired with something? Very strongly magnetic - closer to an iron than a H chondriteCheersdean
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/pictures/7454h.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/pictures/7454i.jpg