[meteorite-list] Fake lunars

info at moonmarsrocks.com info at moonmarsrocks.com
Mon May 24 12:49:04 EDT 2021

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find this, but it is so blatant I
felt I should post it here and elsewhere as a red flag.... On Etsy, a
seller "Newmoonmeteorites" is offering various sizes of "Lunar granite,
from a large strewn field recently discovered in New Hampshire. Chemical
analysis of 3 match chemical composition of Lunar basalts, 1 matches
Lunar granite, (chemical analysis posted on youtube slideshow, as well
as thin sections of fusion crust on 6 small anorthosite and one large
basalt)." Here is a link to one of the listings:
https://www.etsy.com/.../meteorite-18-gram-lunar...
Wow. And some poor suckers are buying his crap. I am going to contact
Etsy, don't know if they will do anything about it...

Daniel Noyes
Genuine Moon & Mars Meteorite Rocks
info at moonmarsrocks.com
www.moonmarsrocks.com