[meteorite-list] Not an answer they like

Ben Fisler fislerite at msn.com
Sat Mar 20 02:23:47 EDT 2021

Alan Rubin,
       I LOVE the New England Meteoritical Services reference!  Can I borrow that? 😁

Ben Fisler

On Mar 19, 2021, at 6:19 PM, ALAN RUBIN <aerubin at ucla.edu> wrote:

I examine the specimens (or images of them if they do not send pieces) and then give them my best guess as to what the sample could be. Some people are insistent that I am wrong or that I am running some kind of a scam. I usually continue the conversation for one or two more rounds before I give up. At that point I sometimes tell them to try New England Meteoritical Services and let them know that they can examine the specimen for a small fee. If I find out that these folks have been sending the same sample to more than one researcher, I immediately stop corresponding with them because it is not fair to overworked researchers to be bedeviled by more than one meteorwrong provider.