[meteorite-list] Ad: Ogi, Japan fall 1741

Michael Doran eikoph at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 09:46:32 EST 2021

> However, you give no contact information and neither does your website.
When you want to tell your wife,  "Honey, I tried to sell some meteorites, but nobody was buying."  ;-)
BTW, if I hit "reply to all" on a Meteorite-list message, it shows the address of the person sending the message as well as the meteorite-list.
-- Michael
Michael Doran

  John,
I am interested. However, you give no contact information and neither does your website.
Please contact me directly at: mlblood at cox.net
Thank you,
Michael Blood

 On February 6, 2021 at 1:33 PM Bigjohn Shea via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

Dear Fellow Collectors,
Hope you are all well.

If you like meteorites with incredible stories, I have one for you. A 1.7g specimen of Ogi, Japan, available for your consideration.

Some details from Oliver Farrington's, "The Worship and Folk-Lore of Meteorites"

"Ogi, Hizen, Japan. - Two stones which fell here, according to one account, December 10, 1744, were used for more than 150 years as offerings annually made in the temple in Ogi, to Shokujo on the festival of that goddess the 7th day of the 7th month. The belief among the Japanese was that the stones had fallen from the shores of the Silver River, Heavenly River, or Milky Way, after they had been used by the goddess as weights to steady her loom. One of these stones is now largely preserved in the British Museum."

Please contact me for details and photo.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295
www.bigjohnmeteorites.com